Do you want to get the best motorcycle handlebar speakers? With the assistance of this device, your riding would be great with your favorite playlist playing in the background. We, hereby, will gather a list of the top ten handlebar speakers for motorcycles based on sound quality, features, and style.
If you go over these selections of the best motorcycle handlebar speakers that the experts of Motoczysz have listed, we make sure you get the best trip of your life. So you can simply select the one that actually reflects your musical taste.
10 best motorcycle handlebar speakers on the market for 2021
1. The Best Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers For Overall: BOSS Audio Systems MC420B Motorcycle Speaker
BOSS Audio Systems MC420B Motorcycle Speaker is the best option of motorcycle handlebar speakers we can give you in terms of sound quality, price, longevity, appearance, and weather resistance.
This Bluetooth speaker plays and controls a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly. A Bluetooth, compact, weatherproof, class D amplifier is included. It has been sealed with the latest waterproofing techniques to protect against a rainy forecast.
It also includes two 3-inch chrome full-range speakers with adjustable brackets fit handlebars ranging from .75” to 1.25”. A 3.5 mm auxiliary input located on the side of the amplifier is compatible with audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players. A convenient inline volume control (attached to the amplifier) can be installed in a place of your choosing.
- ✔This gear comes with everything you need to set up the system.
- ✔ The Bluetooth works really well.
- ✔ Weather resistance.
- ✔ Chrome finish looks great.
- ✔ Great overall clear sound and pretty loud. They sound amazing.
- ✔ This speaker is great for the value.
- ✔ It is easy to install. Volume control knob is decent.
- ✔ There is a generous amount of wiring.
- ✘ There is no power switch coming along with the speaker.
2. The Most Cost-Effective Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: GoHawk RD8 Gen.2 Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle ATV Stereo Speakers
It’s one of the best motorcycle handlebar speakers on the market. When it comes to the price, nothing can compare with GoHawk RD8 Gen.2 Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle ATV Stereo Speakers. It is a bargain that goes with top quality and looks amazing at the same time.
This speaker is made of aluminum housing with a high-performance power amplifier and advanced waterproof design. There is also a 3.5mm auxiliary input, USB and MicroSD Card for MP3 files, FM radio, digital clock display, Bluetooth wireless. It is compatible with iPhone 6, to 12, Pro, iPod, Samsung, Android, Galaxy S, Note Series.
The support connection is up to 15 meters. It comes with all necessary hardware and wiring including mounting clamp supports 7/8” to 1 1/4” handlebar, a set of 2 optional stainless steel extension mounting brackets, and a 59” battery cable harness with ring terminal connector.
- ✔ It’s a very good speaker, especially for the price.
- ✔ The sound is great, it looks decent.
- ✔ It is easy to install.
- ✔ There is a generous amount of wiring.
- ✔ Bluetooth is a great function.
- ✘ The buttons can be irritating sometimes.
- ✘ Should be used with windshields.
3. The High Performance Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: BOSS Audio Systems MRWT40 Marine Waketower Speaker
BOSS Audio Systems MRWT40 Marine Waketower Speaker is all that you need for a wonderful ride. The back-colored smooth finish, the decent built of the speakers make them a perfect fit for any modern motorcycle.
This speaker is made from polyurethane, provides a resilient and durable material that can offer great sound with the advantage of long-lasting speakers. It has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements.
The voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain their strength and fatigue properties. This gives our speakers the advantage of longer play times with lower weights. Rubber complements the whole structure of the speaker by allowing constant abuse where it is most needed, without the wear and tear.
The dome shape radiates sound with a wider dispersion pattern than the semi-dome design. Since high-frequency sound waves are very directional, a wider dispersion of the sound waves will give you a larger “sweet spot”.
Manufacture note: Buyers will have to buy wiring separately. This is not a wireless speaker. They strongly encourage the professional installation of this product to ensure proper and safe functionality.
- ✔ The sound is great.
- ✔ The speaker is super loud.
- ✔ Great value for the money.
- ✔ Super easy to hook up, look badass.
- ✔ It is durable.
- ✘ Some users had trouble with the month.
4. Top High End Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: Kuryakyn 2720 MTX Road Thunder Weather Resistant Motorcycle Sound Bar
Kuryakyn 2720 is one of the best motorcycle handlebar speakers for 2021. Kuryakyn 2720 MTX Road Thunder Weather Resistant Motorcycle Sound Bar is the one you have been looking for to play your favourite songs on the road. They look stylist, sturdy and would be great to pair with any gear.
With 300 watts of peak power, the Kuryakyn Road Thunder Sound Bar Plus takes handlebar-mounted audio to a new level. Internal 4-channel amp powers two full-range speakers with dual voice coils and four high-frequency silk dome tweeters with N42 grade magnets for distortion-free sound at any volume level. Internal 4.1 Bluetooth receiver allows wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or music device, and auxiliary input and output ports connect standard devices via 3.5 mm cable.
This is weather-resistant, built-in heat sink and self-protection circuit combat excessive heat and over/under voltage regulation. Universal articulating mounting clamps fit virtually any bars between 7/8″ and 1-1/2″, brackets are patent pending.
- ✔ The sound is crisp and clear. Definitely loud, even with a helmet.
- ✔ It’s a great unit and made entirely of aluminum.
- ✔ It is easy to install.
- ✔ Controls are easy to use. The buttons are very easy to work while riding
- ✔ Easy to connect to Bluetooth. Doesn’t cut out at all. Solid construction.
- ✘ It’s a bit overpriced.
- ✘ Some have difficulty with the clamps.
- ✘ You should have a professional to build it.
5. The Best Sound Quality Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: BOSS Audio Systems MC440B Motorcycle Weatherproof Speaker
BOSS Audio Systems MC440B Motorcycle Weatherproof Speaker is a sweet addition to your bike. It looks stunning, well protected, and a study contraction which allows you to grab every attention from surrounding.
The Bluetooth connection provides you to play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly. A Bluetooth 2 channel, compact, weatherproof, class A/B amplifier is included. It has been sealed with the latest weatherproofing techniques to protect against a rainy forecast. Use the 3.5 mm Aux input for even more choices.
The speaker also includes two 3-inch chrome/black full range speakers. The adjustable brackets will fit handlebars ranging from .75” to 1.25. A convenient inline volume control (attached to the amplifier) can be installed in a place of your choosing, making sure that when the need hits so will your tunes.
- ✔ Bluetooth connects fast and can go about 40-50 ft away from the bike.
- ✔ Audio is loud. It produces a good sound. Easily heard at highway speeds.
- ✔ Good for the price.
- ✔ The speakers and amp are both weatherproof.
- ✔ The installation is easy.
- ✔ All the mounting speaker brackets are heavy duty.
- ✘ The speaker looks a little big.
6. The Super Loud Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: GoHawk TN4-Q 1000W 4 Channel Amplifier 4″ Full Range Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo Speakers
GoHawk Motorcycle Stereo Speakers is what you need to rocking down the road. This well built four speak will make sure that your music will be listened even when you are at full speed.
This matte black stereo unit built with high-quality aluminum material. It has a 3.5mm auxiliary input, USB and micro SD Card for MP3 files, supports USB charging, FM radio, LCD display, wired control. This speaker includes 1000W amplifier, 4 channel, 4” full range motorcycle ATV UTV stereo speakers with high-performance bass with new x-large mounting clamp supports 1 to 1.5″ bar size. It is compatible with ape hanger and crash bar with 1-1/2″ bar diameter.
This waterproof design speaker built with high-quality ABS material, 70″ long speaker cable with standard RCA male connector. The Bluetooth wireless connection up to 15 meters allows you to stream your favorite music and radio channel from your smartphone. It is compatible with iPhone 4 to XS Max, iPod, Samsung, Android, Galaxy S, Note Series and any smartphone devices.
- ✔ It works great with Bluetooth.
- ✔ It is super loud. The sound clarity is incredible.
- ✔ It is so easy to turn it on with the remote mounted on the handlebars.
- ✔ Good for the price.
- ✔ It is easy to mount and includes everything you need for installation.
- ✘ The amplifier is NOT waterproof.
7. The Top Budget Pick Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: Boss Audio Systems MCBK470B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker
Boss Audio Systems MCBK470B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker is a good alternative to wearing earbuds. It has all important features including: Bluetooth connection, weatherproof, good quality sound with a reasonable price.
This gear plays and controls a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly. It has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements.
There also includes four 3-inch, black, full range speakers. The adjustable brackets will fit handlebars ranging from .75” to 1.25”. A 3.5 mm auxiliary input is compatible with audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players.
A convenient inline volume control can be installed in a place of your choosing. Seller strongly encourage professional installation of this product to ensure proper and safe functionality.
- ✔ Excellent value for the price.
- ✔ The sound is impressive. Sounds good even at highway speed.
- ✔ Installation is incredibly easy.
- ✔ Pairing with your phone is a snap.
- ✔ The amp feels well made. The aux works well.
- ✔ Easy to use and connect.
- ✔ The weatherproof does its job.
- ✘ It doesn’t have an on/off switch.
- ✘ Some buyers complained about wire length.
8. The Best Waterproof Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: BOSS Audio Systems MCBK475BA Motorcycle Speaker
BOSS Audio Systems MCBK475BA Motorcycle Speaker provides great volume, nice appearance which is worth every penny that you spend.
It is easy to connect your smartphone using Bluetooth and get wireless access to Spotify and Pandora apps. No matter if Bluetooth connection is not suitable, connect your mp3 or any other device using a 3.5mm audio jack. Insert USB or SD Card up to 32 GB. Play FM for latest music and news etc.
These are waterproof and can bear extreme-weather conditions including rain and dusty areas but can’t be submerged in water. So, these are not fully waterproof but only water-resistant. You will get two 3″ speakers with adjustable brackets that fit 0.75″ to 1.25″ handlebars. A compact A/B amplifier with 2-channels is easy to install on your motorcycle. Both speakers and the amplifier are weatherproof.
- ✔ It is loud. Sounds incredible, even with a full face helmet. It sounds fantastic at speeds up to 85mph.
- ✔ The installation is easy. Great system. Good quality.
- ✔ The speaker looks great. Nice color. Amazing built.
- ✔ It is durable. Easy to match with any vehicles or gears.
- ✔ It is weatherproof.
- ✔ Excellent especially for the price.
- ✘ There is no bass.
9. The Gorgeous Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: GoHawk TJ4-R Amplifier 4″ Full Range Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo Speakers
GoHawk TJ4-R Amplifier 4″ Full Range Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo Speakers is a wonderful accessory that takes great music with you on the roads and trails with your buddies.
GoHawk TJ4-R Amplifier has a built-in FM radio feature. You can stream various FM stations and AM stations with this feature without having to connect to any external device such as a mobile phone.
This audio system comes equipped with a two-channel high-performance amplifier. The amplifier powers two, 4” speakers. These full-range motorcycle speakers perform extraordinarily even when the air friction is high. The amplifier can be fixed anywhere, but we suggest that you fix it somewhere that does not get wet. Even though the speakers are completely water-proof, the amplifier may be a little damaged if exposed to water.
The Bluetooth connectivity range of this speaker, just like all the other speakers, is around 15 meters. The range may vary depending on various factors such as the weather, signal clearance, and the Bluetooth version of the receiving device. The latest is the Bluetooth version, stronger is the signal receptivity.
The audio system is equipped with Bluetooth version 5.0. You can connect to any Bluetooth enabled device with these speakers. Once connected to a mobile phone, you can also make use of various features like making or receiving a call, listening to music, streaming audio files, etc.
The Bluetooth speakers are IP56 water-resistant. You can use the speakers safely even if it’s raining outside. Installing the audio system is as simple as it can be. All the necessary hardware and wiring is provided with the speaker itself.
The sound quality is also amazing even if the amplifier is plugged in. The amplifier uses a standard 12 volts power source. You can not use these speakers in any motorcycles with a power rating of fewer than 12 volts. So check carefully before purchasing them.
- ✔ Amazing sound and quality. They can easily be heard at highway speeds.
- ✔ Quick and easy install.
- ✔ Bluetooth works excellent.
- ✔ There is more than enough wiring to run the power and speaker wires.
- ✘ The handlebar mounts need more rubber cushioning, the speakers have a lot of movement from the engine vibration.
- ✘ There is no bass.
10. The Easiest To Install Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers: GoHawk AR4-Halo 4″ All-in-One Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo LED Speakers
GoHawk AR4-Halo 4″ All-in-One Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo LED Speakers is a great fit for any outdoor or recreational vehicle with 12 Volt power source and handlebars. It has a very loud and high-grade music system.
One of the best things about this audio system is the wireless controller that is provided with the product. For all the previous models, a controller was provided, but the controller was usually wired. With the wireless controller, you will have more flexibility over choosing the position of the speakers as you are no longer limited by the size of the controller wire.
The speaker pods are equipped with white LEDs on a strip in the circumference of the body. These LEDs glow whenever the speaker is turned on. The special lighting effects surely give the speaker a fresh and unique look even in the dark.
There are various options for connecting a device to this audio system. You can connect a device by Bluetooth if the device is Bluetooth enabled as well. You can also use a cable to connect a device to the 3.5 mm AUX port. If you can’t use any of these options, you can also connect a USB to the speaker and stream MP3 files.
The controller of the audio system has a lot of options. You can also control the LED functions through the controller. Short pressing the power button turns the LEDs on or off and long-pressing it turns the speakers on or off.
You can also change mode, volume, and the audio that you are listening to using the controller. This eliminated the need to lean in and use the control panel of the device which is a great improvement in safety compared to some of the previous models.
- ✔ It is easy to install.
- ✔ Sound quality is very good and loud.
- ✔ Buyers have no problem hearing the tunes at highway speed now.
- ✔ The key fob remote works smoothly.
- ✔ The halo lead around the speaker makes it look elegant.
- ✔ The Bluetooth connection is fast.
- ✔ The customer service is good.
- ✘ People say the wire seems cheap.
- ✘ The waterproof function didn’t work that well.
- ✘ Some buyers said they had a problem with installation as the rubber pads for the different diameter bars are a little stiff.
- ✘ The length of wires seem pretty short.
Key Features To Consider When Buying Motorcycle Handlebar Speakers
1. Audio Quality
Audio quality of motorcycle handlebar speakers is the most important aspect that you need to be strict with to ensure good music is brought along with you on the road. Wattage and sensitivity rating also influence the quality of the sound.
Since the speakers can’t handle their own capacity, you don’t want them to rumble or vibrate too much. Instead, you want stable speakers that can provide high-quality audio at high pitched volumes. When riding motorcycles with the wind in your face, it can be difficult to hear the music cause they blast, even at maximum pitch.
The sound spectrum and capacity of the speakers are things that you should give a careful look at too. We suggest no less than 30 Hz and a minimum of 4 kHz for good sound quality; anything less would result in poor sound quality.
2. Wattage Power
The watt capacity of the speakers refers to how much power they can handle independently or collectively. However, for the best results, you can choose a device with a power output of 300 to 1000 watts. The louder the speakers are, the higher the watt power.
If you often move around the city, a lower wattage may be preferable (to keep noise pollution to a minimum). You’ll need some strength to play your killer tunes if you’re off for the freeway.
3. Battery Life
Another obvious consideration when selecting speakers is battery life. If you just use your audio systems to get around town, battery life won’t be an issue. However, whether you’re looking for a set of speakers to listen to while traveling around the country or for a few hours at a time, capacity does matter. However, expect longer battery life to come at a cost.
4. Speaker Size
You should also think of the motorcycle speaker’s width and total height. Choose motorcycle audio systems that don’t look out of place on your bike because of their excessive size. Often, be certain that it will not interfere with the ability to ride the bike safely. The frequency spectrum and sound quality are directly affected by the Bluetooth speaker’s diameter and depth.
Be sure your motorcycle’s speakers aren’t regular indoor speakers or even car speakers. Rain and humidity would most likely destroy them unless they are waterproof. That’s why you want to find speakers that are immune to any kind of weather, especially water. It’s good to look for some handlebar speakers that are well-sealed and don’t let any rain get inside them.
You should choose a device with the most functionality so you can get the most out of them. As the first feature to remember, we suggest Bluetooth. This feature on speaker systems allows for immediate connection and seamless playback of any audio. You won’t need to do anything more than connect your mobile.
FM radio is another excellent feature to remember. People who like listening to the news will find it extremely helpful. This type of functionality is especially useful for those on long road trips.
3.5mm AUX connections are also required. Most MP3 players, laptops, tablets, and other devices have this alternative, which provides the highest-quality audio delivery with greater clarity and volume than any other link. Other options, such as USB, microSD, and others, may also be useful.
These are remote that allow the rider to adjust the volume from any location to avoid risky scenarios due to a simple control scheme.
7. Bluetooth Connections
When you’ve determined that a single option fits the majority of the criteria, you can aim to pair it with your favorite songs. Choosing a model with built-in Bluetooth connectivity is an efficient way to link them to your standard playlist.
Whatever you choose, you would need to purchase a speaker or an audio system with leading buеtооth connectivity functionality.
You may have the best sound and the most powerful handlebar speakers in the world, but if they don’t look fine, you won’t like them. Some people believe that they can only purchase items that they like the design of. That is a reasonable response, given that the human mind is always preoccupied with what the eyes can see, dismissing other senses. But there are a variety of speakers that both have beautiful appearances and amazing quality.
9. Mounting Options
A motorcycle handlebar usually ranges from 0.75 to 1.5 inches in diameter. According to these guidelines, you can get a setup that fits for every handlebar. Choose a model that includes straps, additional clamps, carabiners, threads, screws, and other accessories. You won’t have to waste time mounting the speakers this way. You’ll need to think about the various mounting solutions for that.
10. Inline Volume Control
Inline volume control helps you to position the volume control anywhere you want it for quick access when you need it. Some speakers do have a volume button on the control panel, which means you have to reach to change the volume, which is inconvenient. This functionality is good, but it isn’t necessary if your favorite pair of speakers don’t have it.
Some speakers are simple to mount, while others are more complicated and could require additional items and technological expertise. However, you should double-check all of this before purchasing new speakers to ensure that they suit your motorcycle comfortably.
The scale of the clamps is the most important factor to consider too. The clamp size that matches specific handlebars has been listed by every speaker on our list. Furthermore, speaker manufacturers strive to make their speakers compliant with as many bikes as possible.
All of a sound system’s functions basically relate to this. You would have to pay more money if you want more options in selecting an audio device. Many modern speakers come with a variety of new technologies, such as AI compatibility, solar charging cells, and so on. You must decide which of these features you need in your sound system when having your target in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of speakers should you choose for your motorcycle?
Different types of motorcycle audio systems are available such as: wire speaker, Bluetooth speaker, helmet speakers, handlebar speakers, etc. Your sound system preferences should be your guide when making a decision. For all rainy journeys, weatherproof motorcycle handlebar speakers are also a nice plus. You want a speaker that suits your motorcycle well and has all of the functionality you need.
2. Can you listen to music while riding a motorcycle?
When riding a motorcycle, riders are allowed to listen to music. Using a speaker device on your motorcycle and wearing a Bluetooth helmet are two examples of safer, more secure, and legal ways to do so. Because of some rules and potential risks, wearing headphones while traveling is not recommended.
3. Are all motorcycle handlebar speakers waterproof?
No. While there are several versions that aren’t suitable for all weather conditions, these speakers are normally inexpensive and aren’t built to last. Water does not drip into quality speakers since they are made of solid, durable materials. Unfortunately, some speakers’ company claims that their devices are waterproof, but this turns out to be a lie over time. These speakers don’t let water in at first, but their only drawback is that they can’t prevent humidity from building up within them. They aren’t sealed as well as they should be. Before making a decision, read as many articles, ratings, and guides as you can.
4. How do motorcycle speakers get power?
The majority of motorcycle speakers are wired to the tank. Some have a rechargeable battery as well. Make sure these speakers have an ON/OFF button so you can turn them off while they’re not in use. This button is missing on some speakers, but you can still add it if your speakers don’t have it.
To find the best motorcycle speakers, look for ones that are simple to set up, have outstanding sound quality, are waterproof, weather-resistant for long-term performance, and are within your budget.
- The one that came first in our heart is BOSS Audio Systems MRWT40 Marine Waketower Speaker. The sleek back color and solid construction of the speakers make them a fine match for any motorcycle to give you a ride of your dream.
- The Boss Audio Systems MCBK475BA Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker is a decent option on the motorcycle handlebar speakers market. It has all of the required features, such as Bluetooth connectivity, weatherproofing, and high-quality sound at an affordable price.
- The GoHawk TJ4-R Amplifier 4″ Full Range Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo Speakers is a fantastic accessory that allows you to enjoy great music while riding with your friends on the roads.
We hope that this buyer’s guide, along with our experts’ recommendations, has assisted you in determining the best motorcycle handlebar speakers for you, as well as how motorcycle handlebar speakers will improve your riding experience. We wish you be happy with your pick!