Summer is around the corner and it is time for you to find your best summer motorcycle gloves which are something lightweight, probably with mesh, perforations or waterproof membrane that have no thermal lining.
There are many segments such as varieties, material, brands and price ranges that you need to consider while buying summer motorcycle gloves. As summer weather, we’re looking for something very light, that allows the air to flow but that doesn’t compromise our safety. Therefore, the best summer motorcycle gloves are the one protecting your hands from the environment to retain comfort and protecting your hands from injury and impact in the event of a crash.
Therefore, it’s up to you to choose from a detailed list of the best summer motorcycle gloves that the experts of motoczysz have listed just 10 of our favorites. We’re expecting that you can find your perfect new summer gloves from our selection.
TOP 10 best summer motorcycle gloves review in 2021
1. Best summer motorcycle gloves for overall: COFIT Motorcycle Gloves for Men and Women
COFIT Motorcycle Gloves designed for full protection on rides: with knuckle protection and palm pad gives a great protection for your hand, perfect grip and control: wear-resistant silicone gel in the palm part, increased grip of your handlebars, hook and loop closure. The gloves contain conductive metal fibers on the index finger and thumb on both gloves, and works with all touch screen devices.
It is comfortable and breathable: made of breathable material, with air vents for better airflow, suitable for using at all seasons, best use (10-35°C). Ideal for BMX ATV MTB riding, road racing, cycling, motocross, climbing, skating etc.
- ✔The gloves are comfortable, flexible, lightweight and allow your hands to breathe.
- ✔ It has great padding in the event of falls. Good protection for fingers, knuckles, and palms.
- ✔ Work perfectly with touchscreen phones.
- ✔ It is true to size and the design looks nice.
- ✔ The price is reasonable.
- ✘ It is not waterproof.
2. Best Ventilation Summer Motorcycle Gloves: Seektop Motorcycle Gloves for Men Women
Seektop motorcycle gloves made of breathable material, with air vents for better airflow, suitable for using at all seasons. The part between index and thumb allows a cozy fit when wearing and anti-slip protection when holding the motorcycle handlebars. Knuckle protection and palm pad offer a great protection for your hand. The fingertips of the thumb and forefinger of the glove are made of touch screen material.
Motorcycle gloves have Velcro design at the wrist providing an adjustable and secure fit.The elastic strap around the wrist of the glove provides complete user control over how tight the glove fits on the hand, the ergonomic design follows your hands’ contours for greater dexterity.
- ✔ The knuckles are very well protected and the inside feels very comfortable.
- ✔ Fit well with the back of the hand.
- ✔ Perfect for the summer since they let in a lot of air
- ✔ Work with touch screens.
- ✔ Users have reported that they are indeed quite durable.
- ✘ The gloves do not run true to size, so order a size up if possible.
3. Most Cost-effective Summer Motorcycle Gloves: NICEWIN Motorcycle Gloves
NICEWIN Motorcycle Gloves-Microfiber fabric is used for stronger grip and better durability. The inner pads on the palms use SBR neoprene with strong non-slip and shock absorption qualities, reducing pressure on the palms during riding and increasing comfort by 50%.
Advanced Protection security-Hard material covers the knuckles completely, while palms are protected by cushioned pads. Unparalleled Comfort-Wrist adhesive for better fit. Your hands will stay cool and sweat-free when the going gets tough. Highly Sensitive Touch Screen-Both the thumb and index finger can be used with a touchscreen, so you can easily operate your phone without taking off your gloves.
- ✔ Long lasted with high-quality stitching.
- ✔ Great protection, very comfortable, sized perfectly.
- ✔ Colors and design are nice. They are tough and stylish.
- ✔ Great product for the price!
- ✔ Compatible with using the phone.
- ✘ The gel on the palm also felt really weird.
4. Best Protection Summer Motorcycle Gloves: ILM Alloy Steel Leather Hard Knuckle
The gloves have built-in alloy steel protectors that keep fingers and knuckles from getting injured and bruised. There are also extra padding protectors for the thumbs and palms. Hands are protected from abrasions and fractures, especially in the event of an accident. It is made of quality leather, the gloves are more durable and more comfortable to wear.
The elastic strap around the wrist of the glove provides complete user control over how tight the glove fits on the hand. The leather part between index and thumb allows a cozy fit when wearing and anti-slip protection when holding the motorcycle handlebars. The forefinger has touchscreen capability and allows riders to tap the screen of their device and switch mobile apps without taking off the gloves.
- ✔ The metal knuckles and palm supports worked perfectly.
- ✔ Provide decent protection.
- ✔ Comfortable, look very nice, good airflow, highly breathable.
- ✔ Work on touch screens.
- ✔ There are multiple sizes and options available for different individuals.
- ✘ Hard to get on and off.
5. Best High-end Summer Motorcycle Gloves: Alpinestars Men’s SMX-1 Air v2 Motorcycle Riding Glove
Alpinestars Men’s SMX-1 Air v2 is made with full premium leather main and mesh chassis construction, plus strategic perforation zones and air mesh for improved breathability, synthetic suede zones and side padding reinforcement for durability, additional abrasion resistance and comfort.
The polymer knuckle protection system is hard for superior impact and abrasion resistance. There is a stretch zone on fingers and backhand for comfort and improved range of hand movement, hoop and loop grip wrist closure helps keep gloves securely positioned. Hoop and loop grip wrist closure helps keep gloves securely positioned.
- ✔ Genuine leather and protector on each critical spot.
- ✔ The finish is great and the construction is the best with no excess materials.
- ✔ Very solid quality, durable, protective, solidly made, great grip, comfortable.
- ✔ Ventilated and keep hands cool on hot days.
- ✔ Touch screen is nice.
- ✔ Design: Looks good and better when wearing.
- ✘ A bit on the pricey side.
6. Most Lightweight Summer Motorcycle Gloves: Troy Lee Designs 2020 Air Gloves
Troy Lee Designs gloves have a vast selection of colors, construction and levels of protection. There is a perfect fit for every individual, compression molded cuff, micro-mesh for all-over ventilation, single-layer palm with mapped laser hole perforation. It is made of breathable material, with air vents for better airflow so that you can wear them in summer as well as in winter.
It has touchscreen capability and allows riders to tap the screen of their device and switch mobile apps without taking off the gloves. These gloves can serve as motorcycle gloves, cycling gloves, work gloves, hunting and shooting gloves, outdoor sports gloves.
- ✔ There are multiple sizes and options available for different individuals.
- ✔ Light weight, very comfortable.
- ✔ Fit perfectly, breathable material.
- ✔ The designs are nice.
- ✘ Not durable
- ✘ The colors are not as bright as they seem in the picture.
7. Best Mesh Summer Motorcycle Gloves: AXBXCX Touch Screen Full Finger Gloves
It provides form-fitting mesh material that helps keep hands flexible and comfortable. Microfiber material palm reinforcement provides added durability and impact resistance. There is an increase in the friendly touching function of the forefinger fingertip allows riders to tap the screen of their device and switch mobile apps without taking off the gloves. The nylon web loop is added for glove storage. Ideal for riding, road racing, cycling, motocross, climbing, skating etc.
- ✔ Great design, good quality material, look great.
- ✔ Good protection, great price.
- ✔ Comfortable, flexible, durable, breathable.
- ✔ True to size, great fit.
- ✔ Works smoothly. It is easy wear.
- ✘ Some buyers said the gloves don’t have as much touch sensitivity with phones.
8. Best Half Finger Summer Motorcycle Gloves: SCOYCO Motorcycle Man’s Gloves with Anti-Slip Shockproof Wear-Resistant
SCOYCO Motorcycle Man’s Gloves are made with Chrome-plated TPU mold armor with shock absorbing on the knuckles to prevent injuries. Injection protection sheet on the base and outside of the palm provides extra protection as the professional motorcycle gloves. Ventilate mesh fabric material offers hands dry and comfortable at all times, protecting your hands even in hot weather. High grip PVC used on reinforced palm for maximum abrasion resistance, more durable.
The logo made from reflective material provides double protection for optimum visibility and safety at night. It can adjust suitable sizes for your hand, make your hand comfortable and flexible.
- ✔ The material used for the palm grip is very sturdy and tacky.
- ✔ It is great for the price. The gloves fit well.
- ✔ Protective and comfortable.
- ✔ Work with touch screens.
- ✘ Knuckle plates seemed very cheap.
9. Best Short Cuff Summer Motorcycle Gloves: American Deer Skin Fingerless Gloves With Very Soft Leather
American Deer Skin Fingerless Gloves are made with butter soft thick durable deerskin leather along with anti-vibration gel-pack palms, reinforced stitching, adjustable Velcro wrist closure and finger tabs for easy on and off. The design provides better air flow, suitable for using at all seasons. The premium deerskin soft leather allows a cozy fit when wearing and anti-slip protection when holding the motorcycle handlebars. It is touch screen capable and allows riders to use their phones without taking off the gloves.
- ✔ It fits perfectly, and is well constructed.
- ✔ There are multiple sizes available for different individuals.
- ✔ Soft, breathable, comfortable, durable, good quality deerskin with nice padding in the palms.
- ✔ Carry large sizes, reasonable price.
- ✔ No signs of wearing out or fading
- ✘ Lacking adhesive under the Velcro and it wasn’t stitched on correctly so it’s easy to come right off.
10. Affordable Summer Motorcycle Gloves: Basics Motorbike Power Sports Racing Gloves
The gloves are full-finger designed for complete hand coverage with extra padding protectors for the thumbs and palms to add more protection against injury. It is made by injection molding using durable materials (polyester/PVC and polyurethane); extra stitching for added strength. The palm was reinforced with plastic non-slip lines for a reliable, stay-in-place grip; adjustable wrist strap ensures a comfortable, secure fit. Mobile touchscreen capability on the right forefinger for conveniently navigating a smartphone so no need to take off the glove.
- ✔ Comfortable and protective.
- ✔ Lightweight and breathable, the little vent holes work well, suitable for hot days.
- ✔ Can be used for phones.
- ✔ Affordable, effective, and exchangeable.
- ✘ Not durable. The stitching came out easily.
- ✘ Not perfectly fit.
Key Features To Consider When Buying Summer Motorcycle Gloves
Lightweight, soft material, more flexible are what you need to look for when finding the one. It should give a cooling effect as it lets air circulate in and out. It is a bad idea if you wear thick, heavy and bulky winter motorcycle gloves because you don’t want them weighing down and causing more sweat. Therefore, for summer gloves, it is better to stick to gloves made of thin and soft material but also durable and can protect your hands from abrasion.
Size is a thing that differs from person to person. Size and fit must be taken seriously when choosing your summer motorcycle gloves. If they are too big or too small, it may lead to uncomfortable, numbness, breathability and controls issues.
The gloves should be snug around the entire hand, and have fingers that do not leave excess material at the tips. If they are leather, they should start out a little tight, as they will loosen with time to the perfect fit. Textile gloves should fit perfectly right out of the package.
So how do you measure gloves? These are not like one size fit all and they don’t have the same measurement. Every manufacturer sizes gloves differently, and differences in sizing even occur between models of the same brand. Generally, European brands tend to have a smaller, narrower fit than American brands, however, so it is often a good idea to go a size up when ordering from a Euro brand.
The best summer motorcycle gloves should have some or all these features at least in order to protect you in case of an accident, including: double-stitching and multiple layering of tear-resistant material, padded areas, knuckle protectors. These little reinforcements can make a big difference when it comes to shielding your hands should an accident occur. However, don’t buy gloves that have multiple layers of material as that can affect breathability.
Glove designs should have some or all of these features in order to protect you from any harms during accidents: palm padding, palm sliders, knuckle protectors, gauntlet style wrist protection, kevlar, carbon fibre or plastic reinforcement, double-stitching and multiple layering.
Summer motorcycle gloves are priced to suit all budgets. This is a pretty wide range of price and clearly you could choose based on the futures to meet your needs for these gloves. It can be as low as $10 and as high as $100 and above. The higher prices often come along with the better quality and the longer they are expected to last, so pay a little more if you want the best summer motorcycle gloves.
An added benefit to wearing gloves is the style aspect. There are so many styles available for men and women. And yet, you don’t have to sacrifice safety to stay cool when riding on hot summer days.
6. Essential Features
There are a few essential features you should consider for your best summer motorcycle gloves:
- Features to protect you from motorcycle-specific impact, such as hardened knuckles, palm sliders, double-layers in impact areas, etc.
- Precurved construction to allow comfortable grasping of grips.
- Durable closure systems, to keep the glove on in case of a crash.
- Ventilation or weather protection (depending on the season the glove is intended for).
Buying Guides For The Best Summer Motorcycle Gloves
To found out what make the best summer motorcycle gloves for you, there are three important things to consider:
- What is your riding style/style of motorcycle? Cruiser gloves tend to have a simple, traditional look, sport/race gloves tend to have lots of armor and hot colors, ADV/touring gloves tend to have a lot of weather protection and features.
- What weather or climate will you be dealing with? If you will be in harsh weather or changing climates, you’ll definitely want to lean toward all-weather or waterproof touring gloves, probably made of textile. If you ride in mostly dry weather, you can stick with leather.
- What is your budget? These days, you can actually get a lot of gloves from reputable brands without breaking the bank. If you’re on a budget, shop for the features you need instead of shopping for a specific brand; you may find that there is an $80 glove out there that has all the features you will normally find on gloves for $200 or more.
Types of Summer Motorcycle Gloves
1. Short Cuff Summer Motorcycle Gloves
Short cuff summer gloves provide the very best combination of both protection and breathability. They are minimal in design and lightweight with breathable materials across the back of the hand and venting on the fingers. Short cuff gloves come in leather and textile construction. The material you choose will depend on what you find comfortable, the weather you’ll ride in, and your budget.
They typically aren’t waterproof but will dry quickly and very easy to put on and take off. These gloves are extremely breathable because you have maximum airflow. However, there’s no protection for your fingers that you may experience increased hand injury. Therefore, Short-cuff gloves offer slightly less protection than summer gauntlet motorcycle gloves.
On the other hand, short cuff summer gloves make a great style statement as they often come in a wide range of colors and designs, so it’ll be easy to get one that suits your gears.
2. Gauntlet Style Summer Motorcycle Gloves
Gauntlet style summer gloves are not as breathable as short cuff gloves, won’t be that easy to put on and take off. However, gauntlets offer more protection than short gloves but some riders may find them hot in the summer months. For summer, the gloves are often made of mesh, textile and leather. They are also very light and well ventilated.
The palms are often constructed of leather, while the top of the glove often consists of textile or mesh along with a tough plastic or carbon knuckle protector. The mesh helps the air flow through the glove, keeping the riders hands cool as long as the bike is moving.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do We Need To Wear Summer Motorcycle Gloves?
Gloves in general act as protection in a crash and a useful gear of defense to prevent painful cuts and grazes. So it is needed when riding a motorcycle whether it is hot or cold.
During summer, you sweat everywhere including your hand. Gloves will soak up that sweat, keeping your hands dry and allow you to maintain a safe grip on the handlebars at all times.
2. What makes the best summer motorcycle gloves?
The most important function that the best summer motorcycle gloves need is the cooling effect that lets massive amounts of air into your hands to improve comfort when riding. They have to be breathable, lightweight, soft but firm enough to protect you in case of an accident.
3. How Tight Should Motorcycle Gloves Be?
The gloves must be snug around the whole hand and must not have any excess material at the tip of the fingers. The best balance is having gloves that are nice and snug but not too tight. Your motorcycle gloves must have proper fitting is the fact that you need to have a proper feeling of the controls while riding the bike. The gloves should also have a cuff that secures around your wrist to ensure the gloves stay on your hands in the event of a fall.
4. Are All Summer Motorcycle Gloves Waterproof?
No. Not all summer motorcycle gloves are waterproof. This feature might not go with a cheap price pair of gloves. So, you must go through product information or ask buyers for checkup before purchase. In addition, leather gloves are more susceptible to water damage while ones made with synthetic materials are naturally much more water-resistant.
5. Do Touch Screens Work With Summer Motorcycle Gloves?
That really depends on whether the gloves are made with conductive materials or not. Almost all of the brands do offer that feature these days. We would recommend you to pick the one with touch screen compatibility if you don’t want to take your gloves in and out anytime your phone rings.
6. How To Wash Touch Screen Gloves?
Summer motorcycle gloves are best washed by hand with warm water (30℃ or less) or cold water. Never use hot water, bleach, and other strong acid wash. If washed by machine, it is better to put gloves into the laundry bag to reduce the possibility of deformation. Preferred dry it in the shade. Do not bask the cycling gloves in the sun, which will cause pilling, fabric loose and gloves deformation and so on. Do not iron.
7. If The Gloves Are Too Small, Will They Stretch Out Over Time?
Yes. And the way it stretches depends on the glove’s material, size, and their quality. Some will be easily worn out over time as it is badly manufactured. However, it’s best to select the proper size when you make a purchase in case they do not expand over time.
So, for the perfect fit summer motorcycle gloves, when selecting a size while buying online, first check the manufacturers sizing guide, which is typically found on the product page. Look also at reviews to see what other people say about the fit (if it’s unusually off, other reviewers will mention it.) If you still have questions, contact our sales staff, we’re always here to help.
With that, we have come to the end of this extensive review of the best summer motorcycle gloves. We had put together detailed explanations of everything that you needed to know before you make your next investment in gear!
- If you have expensive tastes and require high quality products, Alpinestars Men’s SMX-1 Air v2 Motorcycle Riding Gloves is the best to pick up. They are lightweight, provide good grip control, and are comfortable and breathable.
- COFIT Motorcycle Gloves is also a wonderful choice which offers the best combination of features, performance, and safety compared to other gloves. It is comfortable and breathable, ideal for BMX ATV MTB riding, road racing, cycling, motocross, climbing, skating etc.
- And for the most breathable summer gloves, you should definitely check out the American Deer Skin Fingerless Gloves.
There are a lot of options for you to choose from and we hope that it has simplified your process of searching for the best summer motorcycle gloves. It is up to your choice! Which would you have? Let me know about your choice.