If you have a luxurious motorcycle or a prized customized classic, the best motorcycle alarm system will provide peace of mind for any rider. Many trackers communicate with you directly through a cell phone app, while others connect to a call center – someone calls you when the tracker detects the need for an alarm.
There are many motorcycle tracking solutions on the market, ranging from advanced models with automatic warnings and subscription fees to less expensive alternatives that you can install yourself. It’s a must-have for motorcycle trips, motel stays, parking outside in a public parking spot, or if you have the need to lock up your kid’s bike until they get the homework done.
We’ve gathered a list of the best motorcycle alarms that the experts of Motoczysz have listed, as well as a purchasing guide, to assist you in finding the best one for you. Continue reading to make such decisions.
The Best Motorcycle Alarms on the market 2021
1. The Best Motorcycle Alarms For Overall: Tchipie Disc Brake Lock Motorcycle Alarm
The Tchipie Disc Brake Lock Motorcycle Alarm with bright red color and orange reminder cable will serve as a visual threat to potential thieves. May provide peace of mind when leaving your bike or motorcycle outdoors in a crowded area, in a parking lot at work, on motorcycle rides, drives, or hotel travels.
This gadget suits the vast majority of motorcycles and bikes equipped with disc brakes, as long as the brake rotor is less than 7mm (1/4″) thick and cross-drilled. Through a single-press action, the lock enters warning mode and produces a “Beep” signal. When it senses a sound, it produces a triple “Beep” to warn possible thieves that it is armed.
The alloy aluminum body of the motorcycle wheel lock with the siren is sealed against moisture, water, and gravel. It comes with a battery already mounted as well as an additional 6pc pack for when those wear out. The Allen key may be used to change the batteries in seconds or to uninstall the batteries and use the door as a traditional lock without warning.
The alarm clock is a strong piece of equipment designed to lock the rotor, giving you more protection when leaving your motorcycle and keeping you from becoming a target of motorcycle theft. With a waterproof stainless steel case, fully water-resistant to protect interior components, and keep working on rainy days.
- ✔ The bright red paint and the orange lanyard warn would-be suspects that the bike is equipped with safety features.
- ✔ It also acts as a reminder to the customer that he has a lock on the rotor.
- ✔ It comes with three sets of keys, as well as an additional battery (6 watch batteries, in a battery housing), and a case to carry it along in.
- ✔ The locking mechanism seems to be of adequate consistency, as does the thickness.
- ✔ The warning sound is loud. The price is affordable.
- ✔ Compared to a big chain lock, this is easy to carry and fast to use.
- ✔ The waterproof works really well.
- ✘ The alarm sometimes would go off randomly with no one around.
- ✘ The alarm broke under high pressure.
2. The Top Quality Motorcycle Alarms: The security YOHOOLYO Alarm Disc Lock
The security YOHOOLYO Alarm Disc Lock, with built-in sensors that sense shocks and vibrations, will keep your motorcycle secure, secured, and theft-free, while the audible warning system will scare away criminals if they attempt it! So it’s time to protect your investment and avoid motorcycle theft.
This gear is made entirely of titanium, making it strong and long-lasting sealed against moisture, dust, and dirt. When detects a vibration, it has a warning triple “Beep” to let potential thieves know it’s armed. And the locking pin measures 7 mm, allowing us to set it at 360 degrees and repair it in any location. Motion sensor with 5-second delay, rust resistance, weather resistance, physical destruction resistance, and waterproof.
The alarm brake lock comes with two keys and is suitable for bikes, bicycles, scooters, and any car with holes or spokes on the wheels. This alarm is so loud that it scares anyone who attempts to steal your motorcycle or bike, making him feel like there’s a spotlight on them. This device also can give you more security when leaving your motorcycle and prevent yourself from becoming a victim of motorcycle theft.
- ✔ Well made, operates pretty easily. Alarm seems loud to the buyer.
- ✔ As soon as you move the lock or the bike this thing gives a warning “chirp chirp chirp”. It is very sensitive.
- ✔ Well built and fits a wide variety of vehicles.
- ✔ It’s durable being made entirely out of metal.
- ✔ Excellent customer service is amazing.
- ✔ It comes with an extra set of batteries already mounted in there nylon case it also comes with a well-made black carrying case there are two obvious screws on the bottom but the other two screws are hidden.
- ✔ This is a great addition to a sturdy chain or other method lock.
- ✘ The warning sound sometimes disturbs buyers when it starts beeping out of nowhere.
- ✘ The sensor is way too sensitive.
- ✘ It does not work well under the rain.
3. The High Performance Motorcycle Alarms: Wsdcam 113dB Anti-Theft Bicycle Motorcycle Alarm
Wsdcam 113dB Bicycle Motorcycle Alarm activated by vibration, with a loud alarm sound of up to 113 dB, can effectively stop criminals, provide enhanced protection, and give you peace of mind when your vehicles are parked at home or outdoors. There are seven customizable sensitivity ranges, ranging from gentle touch to push or beat. When the bicycle tilts more than 45 degrees, the alarm will immediately sound to warn you to call for assistance.
This gear includes all kinds of necessary features such as: arming and disarming by remote, 7 adjustable touch sensitivity, 3 adjustable volume, vehicle search function, 3 different ringtones for vehicle search function (Invalid for ARM mode), SOS function.
Tie your bike by the strap through the holes or stick the back of the alarm on your bike with a double-sided sticker. If there is any nudge or movement will trigger an alarm that causes the alarm to beep.
- ✔ Buyer placing the alarm within the battery enclosure for their electric bicycle’s battery and controller, closing it, and then confirming that the alarm is noticeably audible still while being across the street and the remote still functional.
- ✔ It is super sensitive, just touch the bike and it goes off. It has the best alarm system.
- ✔ The alarm activates simply. The installation is easy. It has sensitive motion sensors.
- ✔ It is small, affordable and loud. It comes with a key fob
- ✔ A really effective security alarm for such a low price.
- ✔ The alarm comes with a remote (battery included) and the alarm itself (also batteries included).
- ✔ One of the best motorcycle alarms for the price.
- ✔ It is cheap, easy to install and gives buyers a little bit more sense of security to leave my motorcycle outside.
- ✘ This won’t work under humidity conditions.
- ✘ Notice where you mounted cause it can be overly sensitive at times.
4. The Cost Effective Motorcycle Alarms: Onvian Bike Alarm with Remote, Upgraded Anti-Theft Vibration Security Motion Sensor Alarm
Onvian Bike Alarm with Remote, Upgraded Vibration Security Motion Sensor Alarm serve as an effective barrier to bike theft. It has an elegant and lightweight build, is simple to conceal and mount, has three different bell sounds that can be controlled by a remote control, and is easy to locate the vehicle’s location.
To get people’s attention, this bike security alarm could make a really loud sound. A 113dB loudspeaker can easily scare criminals away and can even be used as an SOS emergency warning. This motorcycle bicycle burglar warning is mounted by placing it with a double-sided sticker or tiring it with a strap that does not require any wiring or screws. It is water resistant, meaning it can be used outside.
You can quickly set the intensity to 7 levels ranging from gentle touch to push or beat. Remote control service is wireless, with a remote control range of up to 20M/66FT. This alarm is activated by vibration, ideal for bicycles, motorcycles, hybrid bikes, and electric scooters, among other things. Alarm sound sensors may also be used for doors and walls.
- ✔ The volume is definitely noticeable to deter a thief from stealing the bike.
- ✔ It works as advertised. Reasonable price.
- ✔ The motion detection works really well. This is the best motorcycle alarm available on the market.
- ✔ The remote is easy to use. The best motorcycle alarm for the price.
- ✔ The device gives you very positive feedback with a set of distinct tones and chirps that identify which mode the device is in.
- ✔ The device is easy to mount to your bike with the supplied multi-sided tape and zip ties.
- ✘ The remote does not seem to transmit while a door is closed or from inside the home.
- ✘ The operational directions suffer a little from the fact that the English translation from Chinese is a little rough.
- ✘ The zip ties would be easily cut so you have to find a good place to hide the device on the bike.
- ✘ The alarm really isn’t that loud.
5. The Waterproof Motorcycle Alarms: Disc Lock Alarm with 5FT Reminder Cable, AGPTEK 110db Anti-Theft Motorcycle Alarm
Disc Lock Alarm with 5FT Reminder Cable, AGPTEK 110db Anti-Theft Motorcycle Alarm coated with the bright green color and the reminder cable helps let the would-be thief know that the bike has safety measures installed. Our disk lock can give you the added ease of mind that your bike is safe.
This alarm lock is made of zinc alloy, and has many features that come along with it such as waterproof, cut resistant, corrosion resistant, high temperature resistant. The 110db warning will sound immediately when it detects some vibration or shock which is loud enough to deter a would-be robber. It’d have to put up with a shrill warning and all the publicity it would attract.
It is simple to mount on your bike since it comes with a bag. It will hold all of your accessories for your use at all times. To close the padlock without a key, simply press the core. To stop the alarm, use the key to unlock the padlock. It is more safe when made with a plum-shaped circular copper key.
- ✔ This little alarm is surprisingly loud. You can’t find any other best motorcycle alarms at this range.
- ✔ The color is what you need, something striking to make those who want to steal it sweet.
- ✔ It is really really loud and will definitely stop someone from touching your motorcycle.
- ✔ The batteries are secured under a cover that requires an Allen wrench to unlock, so no one can take the batteries out easily without the alarm going off for a while.
- ✔ Fits a wide variety of vehicles. Very sensitive alarm.
- ✔ The alarm goes off without a hitch. The installation is easy.
- ✘ Some buyers don’t like the color because it is too standout.
6. The Motion Sensitive Motorcycle Alarms: Favoto Disc Lock Alarm
Favoto Disc Lock Alarm can help deter theft because it is easy to put on and take off, doesn’t take up much room, and isn’t very heavy. You can rest easy knowing your bike is safe.
This disc lock has a number of benefits, one of which is that it has a vibration warning sensor. The built-in chip would trigger the noisy warning (110 dB), which outperforms most locks.
It does well in all weather conditions thanks to its metal cover and stainless steel interior. Six batteries are mounted in the disk lock, and another six are kept on hand as spares. When the battery runs out of juice, a low-battery warning will sound.
To stop any harm incurred when you park your bike somewhere and forget about the disc lock, the kit includes a striking orange coiled warning cord that you tie to the handlebar. The disc lock is designed for brakes with a diameter of 7mm / 0.27 inch. It operates not only on bikes, but also on motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, and other similar vehicles.
- ✔ It is extremely sensitive, just touching the bike sets it off.
- ✔ Super easy to use. It is really loud. The alarm system works really well.
- ✔ If someone brushes your bike it gives a warning alarm. This is the best motorcycle alarm.
- ✔ It has a motion detector and a warning beep for thieves.
- ✔ Very sturdy lock. Thieves will not be able to cut this off.
- ✔ Came with extra batteries and a nice little case.
- ✘ It won’t last very long.
- ✘ Some buyers complained that it was very sensitive and VERY piercingly loud.
7. The Outstanding Motorcycle Alarms: Linkax Disc Brake Lock
Linkax Disc Brake Lock built-in shock sensor is capable of detecting vibrations and movements ensuring your motorcycle is watched when there is no one around. This gear is waterproof, heat tolerant, and ideal for outdoor climatic conditions.
This motorcycle lock is made of aluminum alloy which is of high quality and durability. The 110db warning system deters possible theft when at home or parked elsewhere, which is useful for bike riders while parking outside or at home. The brake disk lock is suitable for a variety of vehicles with up to 7mm disc brakes with holes, such as motorcycles, mopeds, yachts, scooters, road bikes, and e-bikes.
To begin the locking process, press the alarm lock button. After 5 seconds, a “beep” will sound to signify that the alarm has been properly triggered. To disable the alarm, use the switch. The small scale is really convenient.
The motorbike lock comes with a 1.5m warning cord, and the bright orange color alerts you to cut the disc lock before riding. keys for disassembling the lock and a carry pouch for quick transport and storage.
- ✔ The alarm is loud enough to get attention. Can hear from a good distance.
- ✔ It’s a good lock for the money. The alarm system is amazing.
- ✔ It’s a heavy lock for aluminum alloy and bigger than it showed in the picture.
- ✔ Smooth locking mechanism, good functionality.
- ✔ It has the cable reminder and a case. The alarm systems work great
- ✔ Doesn’t require a key to lock just put it in place and press the button down and its arms.
- ✔ Fits over an existing hole in the frame and stops the seat from being turned into the drive position.
- ✔ It gives great protection, it is not too temperamental going off at the slightest bit of wind etc which I was frightened off, but does its job perfectly if anyone starts tampering with your moped etc.
- ✔ Fits a wide variety of vehicles. It comes with a reasonable price.
- ✘ It is quite a challenge to get the key in and turned without getting a blast from it.
8. The Loudly Motorcycle Alarms: Wsdcam Bike Alarm with Remote 2 Pack, 113dB Wireless Anti-Theft Vibration Motorcycle Bicycle Alarm
This Wsdcam Bike Alarm with a 113 dB loud alarm sound can effectively stop criminals, provide extra protection, and give you peace of mind when your vehicles are parked at home or outside. There are seven customizable sensitivity ranges, ranging from gentle contact to push or beat. In addition, there are three volume levels that can be adjusted up to 113 decibels.
The device has wireless control via remote, with a wide wireless range of up to 66 feet along with vehicle search feature, allowing you to easily locate your vehicles in a parking lot, with three different types of bells to choose from.
The gear provides all kinds of essential features for your bike safety, including: arming and disarming, 7 levels adjustable touch sensitivity, 3 levels adjustable volume, vehicle search function, 3 different ringtones for vehicle search function, SOS function, low battery indicator. It is very simple to mount by using a double-sided sticker or tying it with a strap.
- ✔ They were very well made and very pleased with the service.
- ✔ This alarm will surely draw attention to people. The alarm systems work great.
- ✔ This bike alarm is well worth the money.
- ✔ Install was super easy, motion detection, and siren settings work well.
- ✔ The alarm can be so surprisingly loud. Your motorcycle security at its best.
- ✔ It comes with two alarms, which can be attached to the door to raise the volume if necessary.
- ✔ The vibration monitoring system works well, with an initial beep for the first vibration and an alarm sounding if the vibration/impact persists.
- ✘ The double back tape failed within 3 days. The adhesive pulled away from the foam itself.
- ✘ Some buyers are not happy about the sensitivity adjustment.
9. The High-end Motorcycle Alarms: Gorilla Automotive 9100 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System
The Gorilla Automotive 9100 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System provides serious safety for motorcycle riders who want to keep track of the stability of their bike at all times.
With this device, any change in angle is detected by an advanced optical tilt sensor, which needs no configuration or modification. The LED Warning Light signals that your alarm is activated and serves as a visible barrier to robbery. 2-Wire direct-to-battery installation takes less than 30 minutes and requires no special tools.
The Shock Sensor detects impact and has a response range of 7 levels. The 2-Stage function enables the siren to emit a chirp as a ‘warn-away’ for minor impacts and to completely activate for larger impacts. When the motorcycle is pulled off its side stand, the new internal tilt sensor activates the warning. If the bike is starting, the Current Sensor senses changes in battery voltage and activates the warning.
Gorilla’s warning system provides a 2-way pager in addition to all of the features and hardware available in this gear, such as a new rugged 120 decibel siren with three powerful sensors, waterproof construction, and simple direct to battery installation. Any warning feature can be seen on the pager’s LED screen from up to 1/2 mile away.
- ✔ It’s easy to install. Nice sounding alarm. Have GPS tracking.
- ✔ Instructions are easy to follow including how to set sensitivity.
- ✔ Very loud alarm system with a light trigger. It goes with double sided tape.
- ✔ Customer service was exceptionally responsive when the remote my system came with didn’t work.
- ✔ The adjustable sensitivity and alarm volume is nice. Touching the bike with the system installed on high sensitivity will set off the alarm.
- ✔ Fits a wide variety of vehicles. Alerting the owner with a loud siren.
- ✔ At this price, it is the best motorcycle alarm.
- ✘ The remote seems rough. The buttons do not work very well, it can sometimes take a few presses to get the alarm to deactivate.
- ✘ The remote with the screen will break easily.
- ✘ Sometimes, the alarm would give off false alarms every couple of minutes.
- ✘ Buyers want the remotes to have more range which makes the remote with a screen practically useless unless you are within maybe 30 feet of the bike.
10. The Wireless Motorcycle Alarms: MoniMoto – Smart Motorcycle GPS Tracker and Alarm
Thousands of satisfied bikers around the world have used the MoniMoto Smart Motorcycle GPS Tracker and Alarm to secure their motorcycles, scooters, quad bikes, RVs, and other valuable items.
Unbox the device, install the app, and activate the tracker. The app will walk you through the 5-minute setup procedure.e After that, conceal the gadget inside your motorcycle and you are more secure than ever.
When Monimoto senses motion, it looks for a keyfob. If the keyfob is not present and thus the owner is not near the vehicle, the device will launch the warning process, calling the owner’s phone and beginning to transfer GPS location data to the smartphone app every 5 minutes.
The prospects of robbery avoidance or car recovery with Monimoto are greatly improved due to the timely warning call combined with vehicle location monitoring and reporting via mobile app.
According to various statistics, most standard locks and chains, when used alone, fail to successfully prevent robberies. Additional protection standard when used in combination with, for example, a disk lock, which also allows you to reclaim your bike after burglary, which would not be feasible with just a disc lock.
Since the Monimoto device is not attached to the vehicle’s main battery, you can never experience a flat battery and can avoid any tracker maintenance costs. Monimoto, as a wireless device, is often much more difficult for hackers to locate, as they often search for extra wires on the battery and remove them if they spot them.
- ✔ The unit itself is easy to hide. Compact, and built with strong plastic.
- ✔ Customer support was very helpful. It is the best motorcycle alarm.
- ✔ This device is worth the price. It has gps tracking that help you find your bike.
- ✔ It’s easy to set up, has an intuitive UI, and is very accurate.
- ✔ The phone app has some useful diagnostic functionality and also displays the remaining battery life. Since it is powered by an internal battery, it does not sap your bike’s battery, and there are less wires to alert hackers to its location.
- ✔ It calls your phone whenever the bike starts moving.
- ✔ It notifies buyers seconds after their bikes are pushed just slightly without the key fob present, including the event’s precise location.
- ✘ Buyers have some trouble while connecting it with their phone.
- ✘ Buyers had issues with this system firmware upgrades.
Key Features To Consider For Buying The Best Motorcycle Alarms
1. Decibel rating
The power and volume of an alarm are measured in decibels, which shows you how noisy the alarm can be. The model you choose would be heavily influenced by where you want to park your bike. For example, if you intend to park outside noisy businesses or leave it parked a long distance away from where you will be, you will need an alarm device with a high decibel level.
It is simply insufficient to provide a noisy warning system. You’ll just need something sturdy enough to latch onto your bike if the alarm goes off. The material should be made of tough, weather-resistant stainless steel or another hardened metal that will remain intact no matter how hard the robber manages to saw through it.
3. Battery life
Look for a dependable device that can have hours of operation until the battery runs out. Consider how long you usually leave your bike unattended and search for a device with an acceptable battery life. The better units use dry cell batteries, which will last for months until they need to be recharged.
4. Easy to installation
From assembly to service, the alarm system should be user-friendly. When it comes to triggering the alarm, setting the settings, selecting the alarm ringtone, and tuning the volume and sensitivity of the unit, a model with a wireless remote or Bluetooth capability is advantageous.
Types of Motorcycle Alarms
1. Brake disc motorcycle alarm locks
These locks are designed to clip onto the holes in the motorcycle disc brake and immobilize the vehicle. They are smaller and thicker than standard handlebar grips or chain locks. Only be careful not to ride your bike with the disc brakes engaged, or you can fall off and ruin your bike. Some versions have a warning cable that runs from the lock to the accelerator and prompts you to remove the lock before driving.
2. Handlebar grip motorcycle alarm locks
Handlebar grip warning locks, which can be mounted on either the left or right side of the handlebars, keep you from riding forward. To keep the bike from being pushed into gear, these locks grip the front brake and throttle on one side and the clutch on the other. They are also made of durable steel that cannot be quickly sliced into. The built-in warning system emits a loud scream.
Buying Guides For The Best Motorcycle Alarms
Since your budget can dictate which alarm system you purchase, you should also include the maintenance costs for some of the more advanced tracking technologies. Any motorcycle alarm systems require an initial hardware investment as well as weekly, annual, or three-year maintenance fees to manage your motorcycle.
Good quality alarms are not warnings so they do not simply warn you when your car has been shifted or tampered with. Instead, they are connected to a staffed operation, which means that someone can call you if the alarm warns them. This could happen if the bike was driven without the key in the ignition, if it was removed from the charger, or if it traveled outside of a certain geographical location.
If you want a high-end subscription device with radio frequency location marking or a low-cost motorcycle alarm, it could help you find your bike if it is stolen or tampered with.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do you buy a motorcycle alarm?
If you own a motorcycle or other kind of bike that you ride around your neighborhood on a regular basis, you should be mindful that it is a popular target for criminals. The easiest way to defend your bike is to invest in a high-sensitivity warning device that is enabled by even the lightest contact.
Any movement of the motorcycle will set off an alarm, especially if a alarm is installed on each wheel. Furthermore, some motorcycle warning systems have GPS chip trackers that allow you to track the bike if the thief happens to escape with it.
2. Where should I hide my motorcycle alarm?
If you buy one of the most costly items on the market, you won’t have the option of asking where it’s stored – the fitter can do it without telling you where it’s hidden. It’s just part of keeping it safe and preventing possible thieves from overhearing you and learning where they’re equipped.
Some devices often switch things up so that they are not all attached to the same part of the vehicle. When you’re doing that yourself, cover it as if it’s part of the bike’s workings so thieves can’t see it and steal it.
3. Is it possible that the motorcycle alarm would drain the battery?
The whole system being wired to the battery and drawing power while the motorcycle is at rest is concerning. However, the fact is that modern devices are very powerful and need relatively little power to operate. The buzzer uses the most fuel, but it is not every day that your motorcycle is targeted for robbery.
4. What is the operation of the motorcycle alarm system?
The warning system is made up of a gyro-sensor installed in the control unit that alerts you when you turn off the ignition switch. Sensing any unusual moves on your motorcycle when it is turned off is enough to send out a deafening distress call through the buzzer. The engine immobilizer then disables the ignition mechanism for any cranking attempts, and the sim-enabled GPS device begins to function.
5. How do you protect your motorcycle from theft?
Alarm devices do not have protection from theft. They do, though, give your precious system some extra room to strike back and yell for help. If the motorcycle is not ridden often, the components in the device attached to the battery pose concerns that it would consume too much electricity.
If you are a frequent rider who parks your motorcycle in new and unfamiliar locations. There have been occasions where a motorcycle was found and rescued by police 500 kilometers from where it was stolen. You can select from a variety of the best motorcycle alarms depending on your needs and budget. If the situation warrants, it is almost equivalent to an extra insurance policy on your motorcycle.
- Disc Lock Alarm with 5FT Reminder Cable, AGPTEK 110db Anti-Theft Motorcycle Alarm is the best pick that we strongly suggest for you. It is bright green in colour and alerts would-be thieves that the motorcycle is equipped with safety features.
- Another effective one is Gorilla Automotive 9100 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System. An advanced optical tilt sensor detects any shift in angle with this feature, which requires no adjustment or alteration.
- Tchipie Disc Brake Lock Motorcycle Alarm is also a hidden gem for one who cares so much for their motorcycle. This can give you peace of mind if you leave your bike or motorcycle outside in a busy city, in a parking lot at work, on motorcycle rides, drives, or hotel stays.
There are several choices for you to consider, and we hope that this article has helped you in your quest for the best motorcycle alarm. It is all up to you. Which would you prefer?