If you want a motorcycle that is both powerful and functional, the 250cc motorcycles are a strong option. Depending on your needs and budget, you can go for a streetfighter, Ducati, or ADV tourer bikes. We’ll compare these motorcycles based on their specifications, weight, mileage, efficiency, and overall value for money.
To make it a little simpler, we’ve compiled a list of the best 250cc motorcycles that the experts of Motoczysz have listed on the market. If you want to make a summary, you can use our filters to pick out the top bikes before deciding which one is best for you.
The Best 250cc Motorcycle review for 2021
1. The Best 250cc Motorcycle For Overall: Lifan X-Pect EFI Motorcycle
Lifan X-Pect EFI Motorcycle has become a popular premium model from X-Pro. This motorcycle has been a benchmark for comparison with other motorcycles in the market from the first look. One of the best choices on the sport bikes market for improving your riding skills.
With a completely assembled Lifan X-Pect EFI Motorcycle, you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Since everything is already put together, there’s no chance of missing assembly hardware, and a fully completed machine is more likely to arrive undamaged during delivery.
The LED lights are compact and use less fuel, but they have a longer service life, a higher visibility, and are more durable. The EFI engine produces 14 horsepower, which is comparable to most 250cc China-made engines. And it gets higher gas mileage than the majority of 250cc rivals. The same amount of electricity is delivered with less fuel consumption.
The engine control unit (ECU) is the EFI engine’s brain and the source of all of its advantages. The ECU interprets data from various sensors in the engine to ensure that it runs at its best all of the time. The ECU calculates the exact amount of fuel that needs to be supplied by the injector by tracking the engine sensors.
It also provides the engine with the same air/fuel mixture by triggering the injectors for the exact period of time. Fine-tuning this distribution results in improved fuel economy by cutting demand by up to 25% and lowering emissions by up to 20%.
- ✔ The sports bike gives it best performance both in the high desert and on regular roads.
- ✔ Really cool motorcycle for a 250cc because of the fuel injection.
- ✔ The price is reasonable. Good looking adventure bikes. It looks solid, well built, and has great design.
- ✔ The bike is great off road, the buyer took it out in some Idaho mountains and it handled very well.
- ✔ The power is also pretty decent. This can be compared to Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha motorcycles.
- ✔ One rider has dropped the bike several times on the trail with no significant injury and it still runs well.
- ✘ If the purge tank will get flooded and it won’t start correctly.
- ✘ There will be loose bolts, nuts, screws etc. Make sure when you go over this bike, you tighten and in some cases loctite all the bolts.
- ✘ The bike needs oil changed immediately from the factory, they basically put vegetable oil in the motor to preserve it.
2. The Attractive 250cc Motorcycle: X-PRO 2020 Version Lifan KP 250cc Gas Motorcycle
To clarify, if you want a motorcycle that will be reliable, fit well on trails, commute, and is affordable, X-PRO 2020 Version Lifan KP Gas Motorcycle is the bike to get. You can choose between three color options for this model, which comes 95% assembled. You just need to connect the charger, rearview mirrors, and handlebars on your own.
There are no carburetor repair or repair costs, and there is less general servicing needed. The petrol system, for example, is fully sealed to prevent the gasoline from coming into contact with oxygen, which allows it to spoil. As a result, there would be no need to put the engine in for service in the spring due to polluted petrol.
Many of the components of an EFI device are electrical. It has an injector as a result, so it doesn’t need a fuel float like a carburetor. Carburetor floats will bounce around, creating a slew of issues, especially when vehicles are moving.
- ✔ There is some assembly required but not much and easy to install.
- ✔ The power well performs. The price is reasonable.
- ✔ This is a durable, longevity, beautiful bike, suit all types of riders.
- ✔ It’s fun to ride for either a veteran rider or a beginner rider.
- ✔ For a big guy, this bike fits fine. There is no competition at this price range.
- ✘ There is no complaint about this bike.
3. The High Performance 250cc Motorcycle: 2020 Version 250cc Adult Gas Motorcycle
2020 Version 250cc Adult Gas Motorcycle very smooth for a dual sport, light enough to still be nimble when turning, heavy enough to provide a smooth experience at higher speeds. Overall, this is an excellent beginner bike that I would really recommend to anyone wanting to purchase their first motorcycle. It costs half as much as other well-known brands and delivers similar value, allowing it to compete with more costly bikes.
Any engine’s output can be affected by changes in altitude, and there is less oxygen at higher altitudes. Operators will have to adjust the carburetor jetting on a carbureted engine, but EFI compensates for the change in altitude automatically by sensing the air temperature and density. The fuel flowing through the injectors will then be adjusted to have the proper mixture for the current altitude.
- ✔ It’s lightweight and easy to handle great for riding.
- ✔ It will get up to 65 without any problems.
- ✔ If you’re looking for something good on gas nimble easy to ride then this is a good value for the money.
- ✔ The seller is giving customers their best service.
- ✔ Well made. The light for higher displacement motorcycles which is a plus.
- ✔ A great bike to zip around town with and also take to the trails
- ✘ There is no complaint about this bike.
4. The Cost Effective 229cc Motorcycle: X-Pro Hawk 250 Dirt Bike Motorcycle
X-Pro Hawk 250 Dirt Bike Motorcycle offers great power and a beautiful appearance that is worth any penny spent. This model comes with a brand-new Bluetooth speaker system that was created specifically for the X-PRO Hawk 250. You can listen to music on your phone or some other Bluetooth-enabled device when driving.
A mobile phone holster is included in this model, which is appropriate for all types of mobile devices. There is no need for assembly. When cycling, use your device’s navigation.
A 94.5″41.3″59″ X-PRO motorcycle cover will be included in your kit as a gift with your order! Rain, wind, light, snow, dust, mud, birds, wet leaves, and other elements will be covered by the shelter. The upgraded clutch and handlebar clutch assembly on the current Hawk 2020 platform makes it easier to run.
- ✔ Packaged very well, protected well, no damage, all parts included intact and protected well.
- ✔ Good quality service, safe delivery, professional service.
- ✔ Very nice for the price. Great customer service. Can compete against Honda or Yamaha bikes.
- ✔ Headlights and taillights are excellent. The controls are simple and intuitive.
- ✘ This bike’s motor is not balanced like many bikes are.
5. The Top Quality 250cc Motorcycle: 2020 Version 250cc Adult Gas Motorcycle
For a more stable ride, the 2020 Version 250cc Adult Gas Motorcycle has more strength, body frame optimization, and decreased high-speed jittering. It has a stunning look, is well-protected, and is a research contraction that aids in drawing everyone’s attention to you.
A basic EFI system will consist of a fuel pump, fuel injectors, sensors and an ECU. Data from the sensors on the engine will be sent back to the control unit. The ECU will then compare the data to a series of in-built data tables. These will indicate the ideal amount of fuel the engine needs at that particular point. In most EFI systems, one injector per cylinder is standard. When the injector is ignited, it can spray a small volume of fuel through its nozzle. The atomized fuel can then be safely transported.
- ✔ It came in a crate, mostly put together, carb needed to be tuned, very easy to work on.
- ✔ So much faster and quicker on acceleration.
- ✔ Customer service is great. Good bike for the price.
- ✘ They have no modifications for this bike except for an exhaust.
6. The Powerful Engine 250cc Motorcycle: Lifan 250cc Adult Motorcycle
The Lifan 250cc Adult Motorcycle features a more sturdy build for improved performance and reliability, as well as brand new decals. It’s a fantastic accessory that encourages you to hit the roads with your mates.
The engine is a 250cc EFI engine with advanced technology. The bike will perform well in any weather condition even at higher altitudes due to its EFI system. Tubeless 100/80-17 tires in the front and 130/70-17 tires in the back have better control on the ground.
Through monitoring the engine sensors, the ECU determines the precise quantity of fuel that needs to be supplied by the injector. It also ensures that the engine receives the same air/fuel mixture by precisely timing the injectors. LED headlights and daytime running lights are much sharper and safer for vision and nighttime driving.
- ✔ Great models for the cost, comfortable for a new rider and a great fun bike to build confidence on.
- ✔ It’s very versatile.
- ✔ You can take it on the road, on back dirt roads and on one-track roads for adventure.
- ✘ The small fuel tank would make it painful during long rides.
7. The Best 250cc Bikes For Overall: 250cc Dirt Bike Motorcycle
250cc Dirt Bike Motorcycle is a brilliant deal that has outstanding quality and looks wonderful that can withstand harsh environmental conditions. If you don’t want to skip a sporting event, a special flash detail, or just want to ride freely with your friends, the motorcycle with its specially designed enclosures is the one for you.
You can take full control of your bike thanks to 5-Speed manual transmission, heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement and smooth-shifting. The motocross-style seat is low and convenient, allowing the rider to walk about freely.
The driver can enjoy a roomy and relaxing ride due to the big wheel, which measures 81.9″L x 37.8″W x 53.5″H. There will be some assembly required: handle bar brackets, wheels, brakes, number plate, and fender are all part of the dirt bike assembly.
- ✔ A great starter or practice bike, especially for the value.
- ✔ Performs to expectations, a great sports bike.
- ✔ Easy to assemble and very fun to ride.
- ✔ Fits well for small people. Worth every dollar.
- ✔ Bike was on a pallet reinforced with a metal cage and thick shrink wrap.
- ✘ You need to tighten every nut and bolt every now and then.
8. The Valuable 250cc Motorcycle: X-PRO 250cc Dirt Bike Pit Bike Gas Dirt Bikes
The X-PRO 250cc Dirt Bike Pit Bike Gas Dirt Bikes’s black matte smooth finish and sturdy structure make it a perfect fit for anyone.
These 250cc bikes are made of a durable and robust material that can offer an exceptional journey while still being a long-lasting unit. With a liquid-cooled engine, these models pushed the boundaries in terms of speed and quality. Its blistering performance was practically impossible.
Get ready for better grip on a range of tracks and terrain with these 21-inch front and 18-inch rear knobby wheels. The Manual 5-Speed Transmission is somewhat more convenient and quicker to start. The 55.9-inch wheelbase offers excellent rider control and comfort. Dirt bikes require some assembly, such as handle bar brackets, wheels, brakes, number plate, and fender.
- ✔ The bike is super easy to put together.
- ✔ Customer service is excellent. The price can beat Honda and Yamaha motorcycles.
- ✔ The bike was shipped very fast. The packaging was solid.
- ✔ The Carburetor was smooth, no adjustments needed.
- ✔ Bike looks great and is extremely tall.
- ✘ The seat is rough and the cover is cheap and paper thin.
- ✘ For the related prices this is a decent purchase.
Key Features To Consider When Buying The Best 250cc Motorcycles
1. Anti-lock Braking System
Anti-lock braking systems will be standard on some vehicles. When you push the brakes too forcefully, ABS prevents the tyres and brakes from locking up and skidding. In a panic stop scenario, you’ll be more likely to over-apply the brakes as a novice commuter than to think about not using them enough.
When the pressure is released, ABS mechanisms prevent the wheels from locking up. This means you’ll have better brake power and won’t skid as much. Since novice motorcycle riders have a propensity to over-apply the brakes, an ALBS allows you to do so without skidding or slipping.
It’s also a good idea to invest in a bike with a windscreen. Many riders find it difficult to adjust to the wind on their faces when cycling, so a windshield will help you maintain your composure while you focus on your balance. When riding without a windscreen, you must lean in further to maintain balance, which can be exhausting on long journeys.
You get tired of having to lean in to tackle the force of the wind. Since more wind force equals more speed, a highway ride without a windscreen can cause more fatigue. Small objects may also be blocked by a windscreen.
3. Seat Height
If you’re new to cycling, you should usually start with a bike with a low seat height. When you get more used to cycling, it would be more relaxing. Also, make sure you have one that can help you maintain proper balance when cycling. The seat height must be adjusted to suit the length of your legs. With a shorter inseam, you’ll have to lean the motorcycles down to lay your foot down. For a rider to be relaxed, stopping and standing, they must find the right combination between seat height and inseam volume.
4. Handlebar Height
Similarly, you want a bike with low handlebars that are easy to grab and manipulate. Some versions, such as the chopper, have very high handlebars in comparison to seat height, which can be difficult for beginners to adjust to. Handlebar height affects rider posture which affects fatigue level and comfort while you ride. Your palms should not be higher than your shoulders and your knees should be slightly bent.
Expensive design motorcycles may have engines as large as 1500cc. You won’t need something too strong or with that much torque as a novice. The majority of novice bikes have a 600cc or smaller engine. Anything further makes the bike’s throttle highly responsive, which can be difficult for rookies to adjust to.
Type Of Motorcycles
This is a general term for motorcycles with a largely upright riding stance and little accessories. Most do not have windshields or fairings, which are aerodynamic sheets of plastic that protect the front portion of the vehicle. For novice and advanced riders, these are great all-around cycles.
2. Sport Bike
These are tall, with large engines and fuel tanks, and are designed for fast, long journeys. The majority have engines of about 700 cc, but some have engines of up to 1,250 cc. Sport Touring bikes are more aerodynamic, smaller, and closer to the ground than a conventional ADV.
With their lightweight bullet-shaped configuration and powerful engines, sportbikes are the race cars of the motorcycles community. They are designed for city riding and are not intended for long distances. Due to their razor-sharp acceleration, sport bikes are normally not the right option for new riders.
Look for safety features such as anti-lock brakes and stability control, as well as a small engine capacity. It’s best if the engine is between 300 and 400cc. These are fast enough for roads, but they’re much easier to manage.
Motorcycles with a lower seat height, a V-twin engine, and thick tires are known as cruisers. They’re perfect for both city and country cycling, but they can’t keep up with a sport bike. Heinz is to ketchup what Harley-Davidson is to cruiser.
A dual-sport is a cross between a street bike and a mountain bike. They’re designed for both urban streets and some off-roading in the countryside. These bikes are ideal for city cycling because they are compact and maneuverable.
6. Touring Bike/Street Bike
Touring bikes, also known as dressers, are built to ride long distances. They have a lot of carrying capacity, a big suspension, a low frame, heavy tires, and a lot of carrying capacity. Dressers, on the other hand, can be expensive, but if you want anything high-quality, you’ll have to pay a premium.
7. Electric Motorcycles
The range of electric motorcycles is between 100 and 120 miles. They’re still more expensive than cars that run on oil. They cost at least $20,000 to purchase which will take some getting used to.
A dirt bike with small, smooth road tires is the most enjoyable way to get around town. Wind and shakes at highway speeds can be uncomfortable, but they’re worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a motorcycle license needed for a 250cc?
If you decide to ride your 250cc bikes on the street, you will need a drivers licence. Both two-wheeled vehicles with a displacement greater than 150cc are classified as motorcycles, and must be operated on public roads with the appropriate licences.
2. How much power do you need?
After you’ve settled on a type, you’ll need to narrow down your options even more. Any kind of motorcycle is available in different sizes from most manufacturers. You’ll want a motorcycle that will fulfill your needs without being too strong to manage when you’re still learning to fly. You don’t want something that’s too big, too tall, or has more strength than you’re capable of handling as a beginner, but you do want something that fits your size.
3. What is the total amount you are inclined to pay on 250cc bikes?
Take into consideration how much money you want to invest on your motorcycle. About $5,000 and $10,000 is a fair price point to aim for. Motorcycle insurance is typically more costly than car insurance, costing about $500 a month on average. Will you buy a lower-priced new motorcycle if there isn’t a decent used motorcycle available where you live?
4. What would you do for your street bike?
Decide if you’ll ride your cycle mainly in the city or in the countryside. Smaller frames, narrower tires, and agile handling are characteristics of bikes designed for urban cycling. If you live in a more rural environment, a bigger bike with more horsepower, higher fuel economy, and more durable tires can be preferable.
To assist you in making your choice, we’ve put together this definitive motorcycle guide for riders.
- For beginners, X-PRO 2020 Version Lifan KP Gas Motorcycle is a hidden gem which can ensure you the best trip with your buddies. Overall, this is a fantastic entry-level motorcycle that I would really recommend to anyone looking to buy their first motorcycle. It is half the expense of other well-known brands while providing comparable reliability, allowing it to compete with more expensive motorcycles.
- For sporty guys, X-PRO 250cc Dirt Bike Pit Bike Gas Dirt Bikes is built of a tough and sturdy alloy that will have an excellent ride while still being long-lasting. This street bike pushed the limits of speed and efficiency with its liquid-cooled engine. Its awe-inspiring success was near-impossible.
- For ladies, the Lifan Motorcycle is unquestionably the perfect match for their figure, as it is simple to manage and extremely compact. It’s a great companion that inspires you to get out on the road with your friends.
With quite enough information available, deciding whether to buy. In case you can’t find the right motorcycle to start your riding journey this year, we’ve put together a list of the best 250cc motorcycles of 2021.